Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting Started

So, this is the place I intend to use for fictional works. Some will be short, some will be long. Some will suck, some will be fucking awesome. Some will be me trying to find a voice for a story.
I play a ton of games, though the time frame on them is often drawn out, because we are all busy as hell. No two games have the same cast of players, it makes it easier to play something at some time.
At time of writing, I've got material from 1 D&D game, 2 Dark Heresy games, a budding Deathwatch game, Heroes Unlimited, and a sweet ass Rogue Trader game I'm running. Not to mention snippets from a LARP I run. (except I just mentioned it.) There's a heavy 40k influence there at present, but I do love the genre.

Some of these are easy to write...the Dark Heresy game I play in, I kept a PC journal for extra XP anyway, so that one has written itself, though I may add more dialogue and such to keep it interesting. The Heroes game will be very easy, as the personality is an Aussie version of me...I'll pad that out to make it real stories, expanding from what happens in the game to really dig into the character's head.

The Rogue Trader game I intend to have a lot of fun with, I GM that one so I get a lot more perspective on what's going on in the rest of the world. It's also a game that has huge scope, and I can enjoy writing a villain in the rival dynasty of the heroes.

The D&D game will be a challenge, as I'm playing a not-at-all-what-I-usually-play character, a big stupid Shifter Barbarian. He has an intelligence of 8, which is challenging to write in first person and still be entertaining. I might shift perspective on that, and do 1st person intros. We'll see.

Of course, it all may suck...but I intend to have a blast with it anyway! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment